For the past 10 years, bet makers have predicted Aspect, Clauser and Zellinger to receive the Nobel prize. Now that the were awarded the prize last year, finding strong contenders becomes more challenging. In the past, I have named Yakir Aharonov, Michael Berry and Yoseph Imry as potential contenders for the prize. I think that now, their time has come to award them the 2024 prize.
Here is a short list of potential awardees this year:
- Yakir Aharonov, Michael Berry and Yoseph Imry for their work in condensed matter physics;
- Erwine van Dishoeck and Martin John Rees in astrophysics;
- Michael Pepper and Stuart Parkin for contributions to semiconductor physics;
- Alexander Polyakov for his work in quantum field theory;
- Subir Sachdev, Dam Thanh Son and Xiao-Gang Wen for understanding novel phases in strongly interacting many-body systems.
And you, who do you think will get it this year? Engage on twitter!